700 airline staff off sick after falling ill eating company Christmas dinner


OVER 700 Airbus airline staff have fallen ill after eating the company’s Christmas dinner.

Health authorities in France confirmed that workers were left vomiting and suffering from diarrhoea.

More than 700 Airbus airline staff have fallen ill after eating the company's Christmas dinner

2

More than 700 Airbus airline staff have fallen ill after eating the company’s Christmas dinnerCredit: Getty
While it is not known what was on the festive menu, workers were left vomiting and suffering from diarrhoea

2

While it is not known what was on the festive menu, workers were left vomiting and suffering from diarrhoeaCredit: Getty

While it is not known what was on the festive menu, Agence Régionale de Santé (ARS) said that at only “around 100” were taken ill at the meal in western France last week.

Airbus has since been co-operating with the ARS, according to the BBC, “to identify the cause of the illness and ensure this cannot happen again in the future”.

But an investigation has been launched to find the source of the mass food poisoning.

Airbus is the largest aircraft maker in the world, and Airbus Atlantic is a subsidiary of the company.

Across five countries there are 15,000 people employed by the cooperation.

The Airbus group hires 134,000 people and offers products and services in the aircraft, helicopter, defence, space and security industries.

Earlier this year, outbreaks of Salmonella Senftenberg in France and Europe were thought to have been caused by “cherry-like tomatoes”.

An ECDPC spokesperson said: “The outbreak strain was detected in a mixed salad dish containing cherry tomatoes among green leaf vegetables prepared on August 17, 2022, in France.

“Tomatoes in the salad in France and tomatoes suspected as vehicles of the infections in Austria were traced back to wholesalers in Germany, the Netherlands, and Spain, and to tomato growers in the Netherlands, Spain, and Morocco.”

And rugby fans were warned to stay on high alert during the World Cup last summer due to a botulism outbreak in Bordeaux.

One person passed away and eight people were hospitalised as a result of rare food borne botulism poisoning, according to local reports.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *